Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Creature classification.

This week, our class is doing a classification project on an animal of our choice.
My one was an African Fattail Scorpion.
We were finding out what kingdom, phylum, genus, etc they were in. 
In the end, we had to do a Who Am I? 
Here is my classification project on my animal.

Scorpions

What is this creature? Scorpions are animals in the order of Scorpiones, under the class Arachnida, which makes them a cousin of spiders. Scorpions have eight legs, while insects have six. Scorpions have two body segments while insects have three. 


Kingdom:   Animalia


Phylum:   Arthropoda


Class:    Arachnida


Order:    Scorpioniones


Genus: Androctonus


Species: A. amoreuxi

 

Family: Buthidae


Common Name-African Fattail Scorpion

Ko wai au?  (Who am I?)


I am found in the desert, under rocks, leaves, and more. I sneak into peoples' whare, seeking water and shelter. My lineage can be traced through Scorpioniones, and back to Arachnida. This means im cousins to spiders. Going back a bit, I'm part of Arthropoda Phylum, which means I’m also cousins to all the animals that have joined feet. My full Latin name is Androctonus amoreuxi. My stinger is poisonous and venomous. About 25 out of 1500 of my species can kill people. I have a big tail and pincers. I am related to all the Arachnida in the world. Who am I?

An African Fattail Scorpion.


Common Name-African Fattail Scorpion

Latin Name-Androctonus amoreuxi

Where I got info from. 

Google-_____

Wikipedia-_____


No comments:

Post a Comment